Current Position£ºHome ¡ú About CAG ¡ú CAG History  
 
 
   
1952 The former Design Company directly affiliated to the Central Government was established;
 
   
1953 CAG¡¯s name changed into Design Institute of Ministry of Works affiliated to Central Government;
 
   
1954 More than 200 technical staffs were transferred from other parts of China such as Shanghai to CAG. The total staff then mounted to 1015 by the end of the same year;
 
   
1955 CAG changed its name into Beijing Industrial Building Design Institute of Ministry of Works;
 
   
1957 The Central Telegraph Building on Changan Street, the first modern functional building designed by CAG,  was completed;
 
   
1958 CAG structured itself with 5 design studios respectively assuming the design work of industrial buildings, civil buildings, foreign aid projects, national defense works and building standards;
 
   
1959 Such large projects as Beijing Railway Station, National Agricultural Exhibition Hall and Luoyang Tractor Factory as designed by CAG were completed in succession;
 
   
1960 CAG established a furniture design department to do studies on the interior decoration, furniture design and manufacture and economic analysis;
 
   
1964 The first volume of Collection of Architectural Design Documentations compiled by more than one hundred technicians under the guidance of experts of CAG was published. This book was divided into 3 volumes. More than 200, 000 copies have been published so far;
 
   
1966 After the earthquake took place in Xingtai, Hebei Province, CAG sent design team to the disaster area to help local people with reconstruction work;
 
   
1967 The large-scale foreign-aid project designed by CAG, Guinea Conference Hall was completed, which won high comments worldwide;
 
   
1968 Army representatives and workers¡¯ propaganda team settled in CAG to implement the military control;
 
   
1969 Acting under orders of higher authorities, CAG moved to Xinxiang, Henan Province. The total staff then was 958;
 
   
1970 CAG was dismissed, 908 employees were assigned to other institutes in Shanxi, Hunan and Henan etc;
 
   
1971 New institute was formally re-established through the recombination of 11 units under the name of Academy of Building Research of the Construction Commission under the State Council;
 
   
1973 The Architectural Design & Research Institute was formally established;
 
   
1974 The large-scale foreign-aid project designed by CAG, Sri Lanka International Conference Hall was completed;
 
   
1975 The Building Standard Design & Research Institute was formally established;
 
   
1976 Shortly after the earthquake in Tangshan, leaders of CAG led expert team to Tangshan to participate in the new Tangshan planning;
 
   
1978 CAG recruited the first batch of postgraduate students majored in architectural design and structural design;
 
   
1980 Huasen Architecture & Engineering Designing Consultants Ltd was established in Hong Kong;
 
   
1983 China Construction Engineering Development Center was formally established; the design institute changed its name into Architectural Design Institute Ministry of Urban and Rural Construction and Environmental Protection;
 
   
1984 The first CPC member representative assembly of CAG was held;
 
   
1985 CAG took over the management and operation of Yemeni Chinese Construction Engineering Co.;
 
   
1987 The large project designed by CAG, Beijing National Library was completed;
 
   
1988 The design institute changed its name into Building Design Institute Ministry of Construction; the volume of Building, Garden and City Planning of Encyclopedia of China chiefly compiled by Institute of Architecture History of CAG was published;
 
   
1991 Zhu Rongji, former Mayor of Shanghai came to CAG to examine the duplex apartments;
 
   
1993 CAG was listed among ¡°Top 100 of Prospective and Design in China in Terms of Comprehensive Capability¡±;
 
   
1994 China Construction Engineering Development Research Center changed its name into China Building Technology Development Centre; the establishment of China National Engineering Research Center for Human Settlements was underway at the same time;
 
   
1995 The new JICA Project ¡°New Technology and Training Center for Residential Buildings in China¡± jointly invested by CAG and Japan was formally launched;
 
   
1996 Beijing Truebond Building Decoration Engineering Co., Ltd affiliated to CAG was established;
 
   
1998 Housing Design Forum jointly organized by Huasen Architectural Designing & Consultants Co. Ltd., Architectural Society of China and Department of Prospective and Design of the Ministry of Construction was held in Shenzhen;
 
   
1999 Acting under the orders of the Party Central Committee, CAG launched the ¡°Three Emphases¡± education of Party spirit;
 
   
2000 Ministry of Construction decided to merge Building Design Institute Ministry of Construction and China Building Technology Development Centre to establish China Architecture Design & Research Group (CAG);
 
   
2001 The Unveiling Ceremony for the Establishment of China Architecture Design & Research Group¡± was held, and the 2001 International Architecture Centre Union Conference sponsored by CAG was held in Beijing;
 
   
2002 Grand commemoration of 50th anniversary of CAG.
 
 
No.1 building
No.1 building entrance
No.2 building entrance
No.3 building entrance
Display hall
Corridor